The Journal of Latin American Geography (JLAG) publishes original geographical and interdisciplinary research on Latin America and the Caribbean. The University of Texas Press distributes the three issues of the Journal each year, normally in March, June and October. The Journal is published by the Conference of Latin Americanist Geographers (CLAG), established in 1970 to foster geographic education and research on Latin America through conferences and publications. The Journal of Latin American Geography will continue and expand the tradition of the annual CLAG Yearbook which has published a selection of papers by geographers and other scholars for more than 20 years. The editors work with an international editorial board to promote the publication of original, high quality, and anonymously refereed manuscripts that represent the broad spectrum of geographic perspectives on and from the region. Papers are accepted in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
- Eugenio Arima (University of Texas at Austin)
- Gabriela Valdivia (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill)
- Jörn Seemann (Ball State University)
- Johnny Finn (Christopher Newport University)
Associate Editor for Visual Content
- Diana Tung (Australian National University)
Book Review Editor
- Jörn Seemann (Ball State University)
- José de la Rosa
- Yulia García Sarduy
International Editorial Board
- Gerardo Bocco (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
- Christian Brannstrom (Texas A&M University)
Yasna Contreras-Gatica (Universidad de Chile)
Juan Declet-Barreto (Union of Concerned Scientists)
Maria Fernanda López (Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO), Ecuador)
Fernando Funes Monzote (Independent Scholar and Farmer, Finca Marta)
Sam Halvorsen (Queen Mary University of London)
Anne-Marie Hanson (University of Illinois – Springfield)
Veronica Hollman (Universidad de Buenos Aires- Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET))
Michael Janoschka (University of Leeds)
Yadira Mendez Lemus (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
Evelyne Musclier (Instituto Francés de Estudios Andinos)
Sharlene Mollett (University of Toronto)
Pablo Paolasso (Universidad Nacional de Tucumán – Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas (CONICET))
Orlando Alves dos Santos Junior (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ – Instituto de Pesquisa e Planejamento Urbano e Regional – IPPUR)
- Kevin Anchukaitis (University of Arizona)
- Jonathan Barton (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
- Rebecca Clouser (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Joel Correia (University of Florida)
- Renato Emerson dos Santos (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- Liz Mason-Deese (Independent Scholar and Activist, Buenos Aires)
- Denisse Roca Servat (Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Colombia)
- Diana Vela Almeida (Norwegian University of Science and Technology; Collective of Critical Geography of Ecuador)
- Sofía Zaragocín (Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador; Collective of Critical Geography in Ecuador)
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
We are seeking manuscript submissions and subscriptions to the journal. Please encourage your university or institution to subscribe to this journal. Guidelines for authors are included below. We also include guidelines for reviewers of manuscripts, and book and film reviewers.
Visit digitalcommons.lsu.edu/jlag to submit your manuscript to the JLAG.
If you have questions regarding journal submission, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
GUIDELINES | INSTRUCCIONES (próximamente) | NORMAS (em breve) | for the submission of manuscripts to the Journal of Latin American Geography
All CLAG members receive a complimentary subscription to the Journal of Latin American Geography. If you are not already a CLAG member we encourage you to join CLAG and you will receive your JLAG subscription!
Alternatively subscriptions are also available through University of Texas Press, Journals Division, University of Texas Press, P.O. Box 7819, Austin, TX 78713-7819.
Students should remember to send a copy of their student ID to secure their subscription at the student rate.